Dangerous Food Hack Has Woman In Hospital


Bethany Rosser

Bethany Rosser followed an online “hack” on making eggs. She just wanted a quick and easy to make breakfast but ended up getting a trip to the hospital.

The problem is that a lot of these kinds of videos aren’t carefully put together and may not be as safe as you’d think. Poor Bethany had to find that the hard way.

Easy Eggs

Public Domain

The American Egg Board explicitly says, “Microwaves heat so quickly that steam builds up faster than an egg can ‘exhale’ it through its pores and the steam bursts through the shell, for the same reason, when microwaving, always prick the yolk of an unbeaten egg with the tip of a knife or a wooden pick.”

The recipe that Bethany followed didn’t say anything about pricking the yolk, which ended in disaster.

The Recipe

Public Domain

Since Bethany’s trip to the hospital with burns due to the eggs exploding in her face, the website that posted the recipe has since then taken it off their site. They also haven’t commented on the incident.

We just hope no one else will try this dangerous method, Bethany has made a full recovery with no longterm scars.