It is said Albert Einstein created a puzzle when he was only a child and it was so difficult that only 2% of the world’s population had the mental ability to solve it. It’s known as “Einstein’s Riddle”. But like most legends and myths, there isn’t enough evidence to attribute the riddle to Einstein orthat only 2% can solve it. Regardless of who devised it, it’s challenging. But it can be solved… It just requires time, an absurd amount of patience, logic, and plenty of deduction skills.
Here’s “Einstein’s Riddle” – see if you can solve it
There are five houses in five different colors in a row. In each house lives a person with a different nationality. The five owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or drink the same beverage.
1. The Brit lives in the red house.
2. The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
3. The Dane drinks tea.
4. The green house is on the immediate left of the white house.
5. The green house’s owner drinks coffee.
6. The owner who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
7. The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8. The owner living in the center house drinks milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The owner who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
11. The owner who keeps the horse lives next to the one who smokes Dunhill.
12. The owner who smokes Bluemasters drinks beer.
13. The German smokes Prince.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
15. The owner who smokes Blends lives next to the one who drinks water.
The question is: Who owns the fish?
Can’t hack it? Give up? Watch the video below for the solution: