5 More Crazy Optical IllusionsOctober 19, 2018
Back by popular demand, we have 5 more crazy optical illusions:
The shapes in the two triangles have been moved around. If the partitions below are the same, shouldn’t every space be filled?
Is this window on the right or left of this building?
The Penrose triangle appears to be solid on the page, but it cannot be physically built.
“Say” the colour of the words below. Having any trouble?
There are only three colors in this picture: Pink, Green, and White…. Dark Green and Red are illusions…
As mentioned in the original article, our visual perception cannot always be trusted. The components of an object can distort the perception of the complete object. Our mind is the final arbiter of truth. Most optical illusions are the result of:
1) Incongruent design elements at opposite ends of parallel lines
2) Influence of background patterns on the overall design
3) Adjustment of our perception at the boundaries of areas of high contrast
4) Afterimages resulting from eye movements or from kinetic displays
5) Inability to interpret the spatial structure of an object from the context provided by the picture.
For a full explanation and collection of other crazy optical illusions, please visit The Scientific Psychic.