2014 Failed and Forgotten Psychic PredictionsAugust 15, 2018
- The rise of ISIS/ISIL as a (well known) terrorist organization
- The Ebola epidemic
- Chibok school kidnapping of 276 girls by Boko Haram in Nigeria
- Korean ferry MV Sewol capsizing, killing more than 290 passengers.
- Ukraine crisis with Russia and the annexation of Crimea
- Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 disappearance
- Malaysia Flight 17 crashing in Ukraine after being shot down by a missile, killing 298 people.
- Israel launching Operation Protective Edge on the Palestinian Gaza Strip, where 2,100 Palestinians and 71 Israelis were killed.
- The United States and partners launching airstrikes against ISIS/ISIL in Syria.
- A massive drop in the price of oil
- Rosetta spacecrafts’ Philae probe successfully landing on Comet 67P
- FIFA World Cup won by Germany
- The Ice Bucket Challenge (no one predicted it’s virality and social impact)
- The deaths of celebrities like Philip Seymour Hoffman, Maya Anjelou, and Robin Williams (see notes on Psychic Nikki below for further comments)
- Was the psychic making an obvious claim? (Example: “There will be continued unrest in the Middle East”)
- Were they predicting something that is untestable? (Example: “The world will be calmer place as people discover their inner spirit.”
- Are they predicting something that is already known? (Example: “There will be a merger between company X and Y in the new year.” … but you can find articles that already state a merger is imminent.
- Is the psychic taking a shotgun approach to their guesses? (Example: “Famous actor X needs to be careful.” Note that famous actor X is in a list with over 100 other famous actors, and he’s also old…) Did the psychic simply make many, many predictions, in the hopes that you will “remember the hits and forget the misses”?
- Note how, in the case where the psychic is very specific, are they simply right or wrong? (Example: “Brazil will win the World Cup of Soccer.”)
- Chemistry – Eric Betzig, Stefan Hell and W. E. Moerner
- Economics – Jean Tirole
- Literature – Patrick Modiano
- Peace – Kailash Satyarthi and Malala Yousafzai
- Physics – Isamu Akasaki, Hiroshi Amano and Shuji Nakamura
- Physiology or Medicine – John O’Keefe, May-Britt Moser and Edvard Moser
- An electrical fire is seen in the new NSA(National Security Agency) collection center in Utah that will be linked to sabotage. (Did not happen)
- A discovery that diseases can be transmitted or transferred by pure thought from one location to another will be found. (Did not happen)
- Scientist will discover and prove that we live in an identical twin universe that’s the mirror opposite of ours. (Did not happen, though it would have been cool if it did)
- Nobel Prize in Chemistry will go to: Alivisatos, Seeman, and Mirkin for their work on DNA. (Here’s who actually won: Eric Betzig, Stefan Hell and W. E. Moerner)
- Nanotechnology that uses the unique properties of DNA to treat the human body targeting individual cells. (Sort of – though this isn’t something unique to 2014 as development of this kind of technology began years ago, and it’s not ready for humans)
- We will lose one of our past Presidents or First Lady this year after a prolonged illness. (We didn’t)
- 2014 will be a very interesting political year since we’ll have the fall elections coming, and I predict we’ll have at least 2-3 congressmen resigning their offices before that time. I see a few more veteran lawmakers’ losing their seats after the elections are over. (Does this not seem obvious around election time?)
- Due to an increase in sexual assaults in the military this year, men and women will eventually be segregated once again. (They are not)
- The Atlantic Ocean along the central east coast [of the U.S.] will be contaminated due to radiation or pollution that kills aquatic life. (Did not happen).
- Russia, China, and U.S. will collaborate on an asteroid shield/tracking program due to a potential hazard coming by December. (Did not happen, and no threat in December)
- I see a tragic full-blown horrific civil war breaking out in Sudan by April, drawing the U.S military into the conflict. (I see what he’s trying to do here – pick a country in the Middle East and hope for the best. Turns out it was Syria and Iraq.)
- Due to the advancement of new nano-chemicals, future cars will not need to be washed as much or need windshield wipers to repel dirt or water. (Did not happen in 2014)
- Programmers will discover a simple computer code or app that will end almost all future online computer viruses. (Ridiculous, and did not happen. And I predict, will NEVER happen.)
- Significant positive views about women will create a rise in global political and economic power for them this year, and another top 5 auto manufacturer will have a female CEO before the year is out. (There was a female CEO announced for GM BUT IN 2013!. This doesn’t count as a prediction for 2014. Nice try, Lamont.)
- The alternative digital currency, Bitcoin, will crash due to a well-placed virus that affects the algorithm. (Sort of, but it’s been going downhill since 2013).
- A scandal over a Nobel Peace Prize nominee will be reported in the news that the commission may consider taking the prize back from them. (No, it was awarded without controversy.)
- New protruding land masses or islands will start to form around Hawaii, Southeast Asia, and the Bahamas over the next year, sparking renewed interest in the legend of Atlantis. (Atlantis, really? Didn’t happen).
- New York City will move to limit the number and types of pets that people can own in town. (As far as I could find, this already has been in place since 2009.)
- President Obama will pardon people that have been imprisoned for non-violent marijuana drug offenses. (In December 2013, he did this, so it should be no surprise if a few more were pardoned in 2014)
- Tragedy surrounding long-time actor Michael Douglas seen, which could be an accident or illness. (He came out has having tongue cancer in 2013, and reconciled with Catherine Zeta Jones in 2014 – whatever that’s worth.)
- The original 1969 USA moon landing site will be reported as damaged or vandalized by another country that lands on the moon. (Didn’t happen.)
- Pinterest purchased by Google, Facebook, or Linkedin. (Did not happen.)
- Brazil wins 2014 World Soccer. (No, Germany won. Brazil was crushed by Germany 7-1 and didn’t make the final.)
- New storms and quakes in South Pacific Southeast Asia. (Isn’t this obvious?)
- Hillary to announce her run for the Presidency mid-year. (She didn’t, though may decide in 2015).
- In medical research, breakthrough for heart failure treatment, also a cure for staph related skin infections and hepatitis C. (Quite general – there’s still no known cure for Hep C though)
- Vladimir Putin wins Nobel prize for his part in Syria. (He did not.)
- Scotland breaks away from United Kingdom and becomes independent. (Nope, they voted to stay.)
- New labor laws implemented to take care of homeless people in USA. (Very difficult to verify since laws could have been made any any state that would “take care” of homeless people.)
- Earthquakesof 5.6 in San Diego, San Francisco, New York, Alaska, and New Zealand. (Shocking – moderate earthquakes in the Pacific Ring of Fire! You don’t say!)
- Late 2014: TV and telephone with artificial intelligence systems are to be manufactured for consumer and utilities viewers. (What does this mean?)
- Pope Francis to appoint the first woman cardinal to the Vatican. (Did not happen, and in fact, he said it WILL NOT)
- Pope Francis hospitalized for lung infection. (Sneaky. Knowing that the pope has one lung, she’s hedging her bet and thinking another infection might come up.)
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant and gives birth to a baby boy. (It was a girl. Even with a 50/50 chance, it’s still wrong.)
- Last year of reign for Queen Elizabeth. (Incorrect)
- New York some land areas fall into storm sinkholes. (There was a sinkhole, at least one, but nothing significant.)
- Stock markethits a new high after a record low economic index. (Considering the market has been trending up and up, this was a sure hit.)
- New minimum wage of $10 per hour. (Where?)
- Lights out for Chicago – brings the city to a standstill. (Could not verify, though I’m sure there was at least a few brownouts, like any city could have.)
- 12 Years a Slaveto sweep the Awards winning Best Movie (correct), Best Actor (incorrect), Best Supporting Actor (incorrect)/Best Supporting Actress (correct), Best Director (incorrect), Best Original Score (incorrect).
- Best Cinematography: Gravity. (correct)
- Best Actress: Cate Blanchett. (correct)
- Best Foreign Film: Blue is the Warmest Color. (incorrect)
- Best Animation: The Wind Rises. (incorrect)
- Leonardo Di Caprio finally wins his first Golden Globe for best actor for Musical/Comedy: The Wolf of Wall Street.
- Best Supporting Actor: Jared Leto. (correct)
- Best Original Screenplay: Spike Jonze. (correct)
- Adapted Screenplay: 12 Years of a Slave. (correct)
- Best Actress, Musical or Comedy: Amy Adams. (correct)
- Oprah Winfrey starts a TV station in Africa. (There was a TV block in South Africa, but this was announced in 2013, so it doesn’t qualify as a 2014 prediction.)
- Kate Middleton pregnant with second child. (This is true.)
- Miley Cyrus, Sandra Bullock walk down the aisle. (Neither were married in 2014.)
- Brian Williams to replace Piers Morgan on CNN. (Nope, he was replaced with Mike Rowe, John Walsh, Lisa Ling, Anthony Bourdain, and Morgan Spurlock.)
- Hospitalization for Charlie Rose. (Could not verify… not sure which Charlie Rose)
- Erratic weather patterns and recorded earth shifts, together with unusual paranormal events could be the result of us having been watched by other species in different dimensions. (This doesn’t even make sense.)
- New sightings and several landings of unknown lights seen in Arizona, New Mexico, and Alaska. (This doesn’t make sense either.)
- The ghost of Nelson Mandela could appear during a national holiday or major public event in South Africa. (And this is just plain ridiculous.)
- Trouble in Lebanon; Beirut on fire.
- Contamination of water in major cities.
- A giant sinkhole in Egypt. Trouble around the pyramids in Egypt; they may sink.
- Another marathon tragedy.
- Riots at a sports stadium in Brazil.
- A flood in the London, England underground.
- Power blackout
- Empire State Building
- An attack at a military base in the US.
- A shark will kill somebody at Coney Island, New York.
- Explosions and riots in Detroit, Michigan.
- A causeway in Florida will collapse.
- Partial collapse of the Coliseum in Rome, Italy.
- A great earthquake in Japan.
- Terrorist attack in New York City.
- Giant earthquake, Palm Springs, California. Earthquakes in Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco.
- A fire and explosion at a subway in New York City kills many.
- A chemical attack on the United States.
- Another cruise ship breaks in half.
- Another Super Storm like Sandy hitting the USA, Canada, and Europe.
- Nuclear attack on New York. Terrorist attack at the Empire State Building.
- Meteor strike in the US.
- Stock markets worldwide will close for one week.
- A huge earthquake in the Caribbean. A giant earthquake in Japan
- Cuba and Puerto Rico becoming part of the USA.
- Terrorist attack Toronto, Canada.
- A terrorist attack and bombing in London, England.
- Danger around Barrak Obama and the first Lady Michelle.
- The Danube River Great floods in Germany and the British Isles.
- Hurricane wiping out Miami, Florida.
- Great floods in Romania, Hungary.
- Niagara Falls overflowing and the Niagara River floods.
- A meteor crashing in China.
- Civil war will break out in the US.
- Northern Ireland, Belfast and Dublin at war
- Iran and Israel at war attacking each other.
- North and South Korea attacking each other.
- A huge earthquake in St. Louis, Missouri, Chicago and Tennessee.
- A huge earthquake and volcanic eruption in Hawaii.
- St. Helens erupting.
- A tornado destroys most of Kansas City.
- A space tragedy.
- More health issues for Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip.
- Breakthroughs in cures for cancer, lupus and diabetes.
- Multiple shootings at Rockefeller Center in New York City.
- A plane hijacked from an airport in Rome, Italy.
- An attack on Airforce One.
- An attack on the Vatican and Pope.
- North Korean President Kim Jong Un in danger.
- Earthquakes in Washington, British Columbia, and Alaska.
- Terrorist attack Washington, California, India, Russia, Chicago.
- Earthquake in Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, and the Niagara region.
- UFO sightings near the Hudson River.
- A possible landing of a spaceship.
- Split between Kelley Ripa and Mark Consuela.
- Pregnancy for Beyonce.
- Split between Celine Dion and husband.
- Matthew McConaughey nominated for an Oscar.
- Rob Lowe winning awards.
- 12 Years a Slave winning numerous awards.
- More scandal around Tom Cruise.
- Rob Ford‘s book deal and guest appearance on Jimmy Kimel show.
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi split.
- Another Royal pregnancy for William and Kate.
- More scandal around Bruce Jenner.
- Jared Leto nominated for an Oscar.
- Sandra Bullock nominated for an Oscar.
- Madonna has a health scare.
- A famous comedian legend will pass.
- Another sex scandal around Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- Marriage for Oprah.
- Johnny Depp has to be careful of motorcycles.
- A baby for Jennifer Aniston.
- Barbara Streisand and James Brolin
- A famous sports person in the world of Formula One racers will pass.
- National Hockey League for women.
- Terrorist attack at a sports event.
- A Formula One crash involving more than 20 cars.
- Edward Snowden will return to the United States and will not face trial.
- Pope Francis announces plans for a visit to North America. Chicago will be one of the destinations. (And although it’s been revealed the Pope will visit the Middle East for two days, the trip actually will extend to four days.)
- A fusion of resources, a major collaboration between China and the United Statesis announced. It most likely will regard energy and assistance for developing countries.
- A major pipeline, not for oil, but for water is announced.
- The feel-good network will feel even “gooder.” Following several ratings-challenged years, Oprah Winfrey’s OWN network will see its ratings and revenues soar this year.
- Unlike most celebs, who keep their weddings closed and private, Kanye and Kim’s wedding will be televised live. Some of the revenue will go to charity.
- Garlic is in the news.
- Strange, eerie, rumbling sounds are heard in the Midwest of the United States.
- Most improbably, the 2014 elections see Texas turning blue.
- Snowfalls in southern Florida.
- A major delay occurs in the Oscar telecast.
- Regarding Academy Awards predictions, once again, I do not see the films. I do not go to the movie theater nor do I rent them or read the reviews. If I were to see them, my own biases could come into play. So these predictions every year are entirely intuitive even though I have no clue who many of these people are. Also, I pick not only some of the major categories but also some of the odd ones. Here we go:
- Lupita Nyong’o (12 Years a Slave) for Best Supporting Actress.
- Bruce Dern(Nebraska) for Best Actor.
- Steve McQueen(12 Years a Slave) for Best Director.
- Frozen for Best Animated Feature. “Let It Go” (Frozen) for Best Original Song.
- Gravity for Best Cinematography.
- 12 Years a Slave for Best Adapted Screenplay.
- Jared Leto(Dallas Buyers Club) for Best Actor.
- A shock wave, perhaps literally or perhaps figuratively, is felt in Russia.
- Pippa Middleton announces she is getting engaged.
- Will and Kate announce they are expecting another baby. And you can expect a girl.
- If anyone cares (but apparently many do), Khloe Kardashian slims up with a remarkable weight loss.
- The United States economy sees the unemployment rate drop to 6.6%, maybe even 6.4%. Contrary to most current punditry, the DOW sees a significant drop in late winter or early spring (after beginning robustly bullish). It rebounds by November and likely finishes the year higher than where it began, perhaps 5 to 6 percent higher. The economy overall continues to grow. Corporate investment finally surges. Keep in mind, back in December 2008, post-crash, I predicted a 7 to 9 year recovery and also predicted immediate gains in the stock market in 2009 in spite of most analyst’s forecasts of continued gloom. So far, I have been right on target. As always though, consult your own investment advisor, do your research, combine your knowledge with a bit of intuition, and remember, it is NOT a stock market. It’s a market of stocks.
- With sincere hopes the following does not occur, I sense two natural disasters striking nearly simultaneously in the United States.
- Remarkably, for the first time, a poll finally finds one person who actually approves of Congress.
- The Dalai Lama will be taken seriously ill. He will announce that his next incarnation will be as a westerner.
- Pope Francis will initiate a new spiritual mission to help the mentally ill.
- Syria will be partitioned into a Alawite and Sunni provinces. Assad will go into hiding but will not escape justice.
- Gunman rampage in Kansas City, Missouri USA. There will also be a similar attack by gunmen on the London underground which is quickly brought under control.
- A strange luminous plankton is seen under the sea that cannot be explained by scientists. This may be linked to a strange cosmic event – such as a Stellar explosion and light in the sky – that changes animal behaviour patterns.
- The remains of an ancient civilisation are uncovered in Greenland.
- Oprah Winfrey launches a controversial new spiritual chat show that brings many world religious leaders to book. Its theme is ‘Trial by Conscience’ and addresses issues such as radical Islam and abuse within the churches.
- UK postal strikes are backed by other trade unions and transport is brought to a standstill.
- UK Liberal leader Nick Clegg resigns.
- Massive fire in Mexico City sees poor areas of the city completely destroyed.
- New Orleans is flooded again.
- Chemical cloud over parts of southern USA as factory explodes.
- Australia has its biggest bush fire
- Japan builds a nuclear bomb despite protests from the UN.
- US economy soars ahead. There is a successful move to stop the import of foreign cars and the start of a bigger trade war with China.
- There will be massive riots at the Brazilian World Cup. Many games will be disrupted by activists from around the world protesting about poverty.
Another year has come and gone and so we have the opportunity to review how the world’s leading psychics fared in their predictions for the year 2014.
Before we take a look at some of the predictions, let us also review the major events that – one could argue – should have been predicted.
The psychic that one day “predicts” a catastrophic event and saves lives will be remembered as a hero. Until then, the best we can hope for are vague and general references to things that may or may not happen.
Author’s note: There were simply too many predictions made for the year 2014, so not all of them are commented on below. Some handy references are provided, and it will be up to you, the reader, to judge each psychic’s accuracy.
Keep these things in mind when you review…
Major world events in 2014: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014
Famous people that died in 2014: http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/world/obituaries-2014
Academy Award Winners in 2014 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/86th_Academy_Awards
Nobel Prizes Winners in 2014
Other Notes: All predictions were taken from http://worldpsychic.org/ in January 2014, copied and saved until December. They are unedited. Authors notes/results/comments/research are in brackets and italics. Where possible, links to sources for research are provided.)
So without further ado, here’s what the world’s leading psychics predicted for the year 2014…
LaMont “Monte” Hamilton is an ordained minister, Reiki Master healing practitioner, registered hypnotherapist, and holds multiple degrees in business, psychology, and education, and has worked in the paranormal field full time for over 25 years.
Here’s what he seesfor 2014:
Judy Hevenly is a teacher, astrologer, and writer, whose forecasts have appeared in many publications and newspapers worldwide. Her clientele includes royalty, former presidents, Hollywood movie stars, and heads of state. Judy was also called in to work at the O.J. Simpson trial. She is featured in the book, The 100 Top Psychics in America.
Last year Nikki predicted the Toronto Floods, the Rob Ford tape and scandal, the Cronut disaster CNE in Toronto as well as the scandal on Parliament Hill. She also predicted Justin Beiber’s problems, Daniel Day Lewis’ Oscar win, wildfires in Australia, the split between Catherine Zeta Jones and Michael Douglas, the breakup of Josh Brolin and Diane Lane, the meteor crashing in Russia, trouble at Lax, skull of King Richard the Third found in England, Danio Franchitti’s car accident, Paul Walker’s crash, trouble in Syria, Prince William and Kate being parents, trouble in Egypt, Mount Etna erupting, a beaver eating man in
(Really, she predicted all that? Good thing we’re keeping score. Check out Psychic Nikki’s predictions for 2013 and note how none of the above are included (granted, she could have made those predictions later on… but probably didn’t).
Death and Health Watch
(Authors note: 143 predictions here, some of which are obvious. Here’s what she thinks qualifies as a “hit”: death, danger (how do you define this?), health (what constitutes a health concern?). Anything that’s not flowers and butterflies qualifies as a hit.)
Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Swarzenhagger, Conrad Black, Rob Ford, Kenney Rogers, Valerie Harper, the Pope, Catherine Zeta Jones, Ozzy Ozborne, Jack Nicolson, Drake, Nick Wallenda, Kim Jung Un, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Penny Marshall, Hillary Clinton, Doris Day, Dario Franchaetti, Clint Eastwood, Willie Nelson, Paul Tracey, Brittany Spears, Latoya Jackson, John Walsh, Steven Harper, Burt Reynolds, David Hasselhoff (The Hoff), Bernard Madoff, Ex-President Mubarak of Egypt, Rupert Murdoch, Mickey Rooney, Kelley Osborne, Carol Channing, Lauren Bacall, Loretta Lynn, Fidel Castro, Billy Graham, Jerry Lewis, Kirk Douglas, Joanne Woodward, Debbie Reynolds, Barak Obama, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Larry King, Jimmy Carter, Barbara Bush, The Duke of Edinborough, Shirley Temple, Bob Barker, Keith Richards, Barry Manilow, Jackie Stallone, Charles Manson, Nancy Reagan, Ryan Seacrest, Leaders in Syria and Iran, Lindsay Lohan, Charlie Sheen, Bill Clinton, Howie Mandel, Jack Osborne, Hugh Hefner, Danny Glover, Betty White, Prime Minister of Australia, Woody Allen, Daniel Craig, Michelle Pfeiffer, Sharon Osborne, Michelle Williams, Heidi Montague, Dick Cheney, John Travolta, George Bush Sr., Regis Philbin, Robin Williams, Natalie Portman, George Bush Jr., Taylor Swift, Tony Bennett, David Letterman, Justin Beiber, Ru Paul, Selina Gomez, Tippi Hendren, Melanie Griffith, Mick Jagger, Ed Asner, Sean Coombs (Puff Diddy), Karl Lagerfield, Michael Douglas, Kreskin, Donald Trump, Cloris Leachman, Queen Elizabeth, Chaz Bono, Madonna, Pink, Harry Belafonte, Mary Tyler Moore, Princess Fergie, Shia La Bouef, Alice Cooper, Carol Burnett, Steven Tyler, Mark Anthony, Gordon Lightfoot, Avril Lavigne, Prime Minister of England, Chris Angel (Mindfreak), Ronnie Hawkins, Alex Trebek, Jay Leno, Paul McCartney, Anderson Cooper, Robert Evans, Barbara Streisand, Sir Richard Branson, Prince William, Prince Harry, Nicole Richie, Simon Cowell, David Copperfield, Desi Arnaz Jr., Jayne Meadows, Monty Hall, Dale Robertson, Angie Dickinson, David Letterman, Jay Leno, Jimmy Fallon, Christopher Plummer, Katherine Jackson, Joe Jackson, Brittany Spears, and Ralph Lauren.
Note from Nikki: It does not mean the above mentioned will pass but they might have to watch their health and also watch for danger in their life.
(At this point, dear readers, you’re on your own – there are simply so many predictions made and some are so vague that it’s impossible to keep track. Apparently, if you’re psychic, you can simply say a few words like “power blackout” and call that a prediction.)
Sidney “SidneySeer” Friedman claims a documented predictions accuracy of 71%, and a near 100% success rate with his Oscar predictions, missing only twice. His predictions have been covered by all the major television networks as well as hundreds of radio programs.
This U.K.-based psychic and medium has scored several hits in past years. Here are his top 10 predictions for 2014:
And there you have it – the world’s leading psychics and their predictions for 2014.
How do you think they fared?
Would you let their predictions guide your life in any way, shape, or form?
Or would you label psychics “for entertainment purposes only“?